How we comply to legal obligations regarding personal data
- This privacy statement sets out how your personal data is processed when using the website and/or the services of Online Department. Please read this document carefully before making use of our website and/or our services. Online Department is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Therefore, we strive to handle your personal data with care and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy laws. If you have questions about our privacy statement or the way we process your personal data, you may contact us via:Online Department B.V.
Maashaven Z.z. 2
3081 AE Rotterdam
010 – 8911051
Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 63435225
Personal data collected
Online Department shall only collect and process personal data that is necessary when using our website, when carrying out research (including via online questionnaires), for the performance of our other services and/or data that you have provided us, unless stated otherwise in this privacy statement. We may process the following personal data:
- Contact information such as name, address, postal code, phone number, email address, etc.;
- Payment card or bank account details;
- Other information that you provide us when contacting us (e-mail, online contact forms, other correspondence).
We do not intend to process personal data of persons younger than 16 years old without parental permission. We also do not have the intention to process so called special categories of personal data (such as health or medical data), therefore we ask you not to provide us any such personal data.
Purpose and legal basis
The data collected by Online Department shall only be used to facilitate the use of our website, for the performance of a contract and to improve the performance of our services. Under no circumstances will your personal data be provided to third parties for commercial purposes without your explicit permission.
Online Department will process your personal data for the following reasons:
- For processing payments you make;
- To inform you on the changes that have been made regarding our services;
- To send out newsletters;
- To carry out research, including online questionnaires;
- To analyse the user experience through eye-tracking for research purposes and for the benefit of evaluation and improvement of the range of our services;
- To comply with legal obligations, such as data needed for our tax return.
Our processing of personal data is based on the legal grounds of your express consent or, if necessary, for the performance of a contract or if this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to. Personal data is not subjected to decision making based solely on automated processing (such as profiling).
Online Department will keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the processing purposes mentioned above. This means that your personal data are kept for as long as necessary to fulfil the specified purposes. Online Department will retain your data for a period of 7 years. However, we are bound to retain certain personal data for longer as Online Department must comply with its statutory retention obligations such as the duty to retain data for tax purposes.
Online Department are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. In order to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification, Online Department has suitable physical, technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the data. If you are under the impression that your data is not properly protected or if there are any indications of abuse, you can contact us by using the contact details at the top of the page.
Controlling your personal data
There is no obligation to provide Online Department with your personal data. Online Department cannot honour an agreement without your personal data.
If Online Department processes personal data relating to you, you have the following (privacy) rights. The right to:
- to access your personal data;
- to rectification of your personal data;
- to erasure of your personal data;
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- to restriction of processing of your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data;
- to data portability of your personal data.
You may send a request to exercise your privacy rights to the abovementioned contact details. In order to ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, the passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number must be made black. This is to protect your privacy. Online Department will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks.
If you are not pleased about how we process your personal data, you may file a complaint with the competent data protection authority and seek a judicial remedy. To file a complaint, you may use the complaint form on the website of the competent data protection authority. You can obtain the information for contacting EU data protection authorities at:
Disclosing your personal data to third parties
Online Department will not sell your personal data to third parties. We may disclose your personal data to third parties insofar as reasonably necessary for the services we provide, the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Online Department may process your personal data outside the EEA.
If your personal data is processed outside the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards will be provided. For example, by providing an adequate level of protection under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses or with companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is subject to change. Adjustments or changes in the course of time may be reason for us to further improve the privacy statement. Regularly check this privacy statement to ensure you take note of the latest version.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on November 4th, 2019.